5 Underrated Books

Hello! Thank you for joining me today as I talk about some of my favorite underrated books. I have to say I love some of the most popular books right now just like everyone else but I can't forget about these reads. To me, they were just as amazing as some of the books on the New York Times Bestsellers list and maybe even better.

1.) Shadowshaper by Daniel José Older: My first choice is this amazing book right here. The reason I love this book is mainly because of the characters that he created and because of the world. Both of those things are done so well in my opinion and they are so different than any other book I have read. If you know me, I love unique books and this book has Caribbean legends as well as a cast of hilarious characters.


2.) Angelfall by Susan Ee: I read the entire trilogy and that is so rare for me. I don't like reading series for the most part but I had to read these books. It had angels in it that were evil and that was enough for me to love it. I think tt's also a self-published book so if you want to support some self published authors, I definitely recommend this book. It's one of the best, if not the best, self-published book I have read in my entire life.

3.) This Side of Home by Renee Watson: This was probably the best book I read during my junior year of high school. I feel like this book could have been as popular and as big as The Hate U Give if it was just as well known. This book doesn't deal with the Black Lives Matter Movement but I connected so much with this book because the main character literally was me. She had to deal with all of these changes that I feel like people could relate to, regardless of their race. That's what made this book amazing.

4.) The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig: This book has pirates in it. Need I say more? Okay I will. This book has Kashmir who is one out of the two book boyfriends I have. And to say even more, I loved the world that this book takes place in. The descriptions in this book were beautiful because she was in Hawaii. How many books do you know that's set in Hawaii with pirates, a dreamy love interest, and a diverse cast of characters.

5.) Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston: I already have a review of this book here but can I just reiterate how wonderful this book is? It's kind of ironic considering that this book deals with rape which isn't a wonderful topic in the slightest. However, this book is written so well and I love the fact that it is addressing rape. Contemporary books that deal with such issues are almost always my favorites.

Comments

Popular Posts