Top Ten Tuesday #2: Books I Look forward to In 2017

Hello! I'm back with another Top Ten Tuesday, created by The Broke and the Bookish. I'll leave a link to their blog below. I probably should be doing college stuff right about now but I figured this was just as important. This week is the Top Ten Books I look forward to in 2017. I'm excited for this list mostly because I'm excited for these books to come out. Anyway, thanks for reading and let's get to it.
-D.K. Wilson

10.) Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson
I recently heard about this book because I follow the author on Twitter. The summary of this book talks about killing a baby and being accused of doing it. I don't know where the author is going to take this story but I can't wait to check it out. It's expected release is January 24, 2017.


9.) Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana
I'm going to be honest, I had no idea what this book was going to be about when I first saw it.  I still have no idea what this book is about but the author is a person of color and that cover is so beautiful. I mean, just look at it! It's expected to be released July 18, 2017.


8.) The Educaction of Margot Sanchez by Lilliam Rivera
I've never read anything from this author but the plot of this book reminds me a little like Matt de la Peńa's books. I honestly just can't wait to read a book from a Latina perspective for once. I don't think I've ever read a book from an authentic Latinx author or character. This book will be released February 21, 2017.


7.) The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
So I've been waiting for this book since I first heard about the movie happening with Amandla Stenberg. I'm really excited to read this book because it is about the Black Lives Matter Movement. I'm hoping it's as powerful as I want it to be and not watered down, if you know what I mean. This book will be released February 28, 2017.


6.) When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
I really hate love stories, like I seriously hate them because they are so unreal. However, I had to make an exception for this book because this girl has an arranged marriage and has the perspective of both the male and the female from the arranged marriage. I think it's supposed to be a cute and funny type of story. I think that when I'm in the mood, I would enjoy this. The expected release date is May 30, 2017.


5.) Shadowhouse Fall by Daniel José Older
This book is the next book in the Shadowshaper series. I read the first book I think when it first came out and I enjoyed it. I liked the setting and I liked the different characters. I think I'm going to like this book even more since it's a protest novel. Something I've been waiting for since last year. This book is supposed to come out on September 12, 2017.


4,) The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig
This book is the sequel to The Girl from Everywhere. I enjoyed the first book because of the world that was written. I also liked the fact that the main character was on a ship that traveled through time. That was really cool to me so I decided that I am going to pick up the sequel to see where it goes.




3.) Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han
This is the last book I want to say for the To All the Boy's I've Loved Before trilogy. The first book I loved because it was such a different type of contemporary. I still loved the second book even though she ended up with the wrong person so I can't wait to see what happens next.

2.) Warcross by Marie Lu
I honestly don't know anything about this book but I love anything by Marie Lu. She is one of my favorite authors so we'll just see what happens in this new trilogy.

1.) Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
Last but not least, is Renee Ahdieh's new series. I think it's a Mulan retellling. I'm not actually sure but the cover is beautiful and I think Renee Ahdieh writes so beautiful that I'm going to pick it up as soon as it comes out.




Comments

Popular Posts