Review Policy

As of today, this is how I rate and review books. I feel as though there are three things that every book needs in order to be good and that's plot, setting and characters. Each of these categories has the to receive a full star. If the category doesn't deliver like I feel like it should have, they can receive one quarter of a star, half of a star or no stars. However, that's only three potential stars. One of the other two stars comes from my overall enjoyment of the entire book. The other star is for diversity. Yes, this means that if a book is not diverse, it won't be able to receive a five star rating from me.

But how do I define diversity? To me, a book is diverse as long as the main character is from a marginalized group and/or two of the side main characters are from marginalized groups.

If you would like me to review a book for you, please email me at wilsonkiara1998@gmail.com. Please note that I will only review young adult fiction. My favorite genres are fantasy, science fiction, thrillers and sometimes contemporary.

Comments

Popular Posts