Top Ten Tuesday #5: 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To (But TOTALLY plan to)

Hello! Thank you for tuning in! Today's Tuesday so it's time for another Top Ten Tuesday post. This was created by the Broke and the Bookish and I'll leave a link to their blog below. Today's post is about the books I wanted to read in 2016 but for one reason or another, I didn't. There are actually eleven books on this list because I couldn't cut off one because I want to read all of these really bad and I'll probably read them this year.

11.) The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye: I really want to read this book because of the fact that it's set in Russia and it has magic in it. I really want to read magical stories this year and more books that have a monarchy in it. This book has both of those things so I will probably pick up this book soon, despite all of the one star ratings this book has. I really want to form my own opinion on it.

10.) The Midnight Star by Marie Lu: Of course I need to read Marie Lu and finish her series before her next one comes out. I told myself when I finished The Young Elites that I was going to binge read The Rose Society and The Midnight Star when it came out. I don't even remember why I didn't pick up these books but I didn't and so I'm definitely going to read them this year. They are top priority!

9.) Truthwitch by Susan Dennard: I can honestly say that I don't know what this book is about but I love the cover because it looks like it's going to full of magic. I'll definitely be reading this book this year and maybe if I like it, I will pick up the second book.

8.) And I Darken by Kiersten White: I actually had this book in my room for three months, sitting on my shelf and ready for me to read. I know why I didn't pick up this book and it's just because it was so big! This book is so daunting but I will read it this year. Hopefully, during this quarter (January-March) I can finish it.

7.) Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake: I wanted to read a lot of fantasy last year but this one definitely caught my eye. This one is about three sisters, triplets, all of them with different gifts and they basically have to fight to the death against each other for the crown. This literally screams excitement and a great book to me so I have to pick this up this year.

6.) The Star Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi: What made me want to pick up this book? The cover! I mean it's like the most beautiful cover I have ever seen. But after looking at the cover, I looked at what this story was about and I fell in love even more. This girl is a princess and she is in a corrupt kingdom. Then there is mysterious things happening. Please sign me up for this amazing story.

5.) Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst: I have heard nothing but good reviews on this book which is the only reason that I want to read this book. I think it also has an amazing premise to it with the main character being bisexual and then an assassination occurring. There's not even an option on me reading this book; I have to read this book.

4.) The Keeper's Vow by Francina Simone: Francina Simone has to be one of my favorite booktubers and after binge watching almost all of her videos, I found out that she published a book in September. The reason I want to read this book is because her videos basically talk about what it means to be authentic. I want to see authentic character's and I'm hoping that this book helps to clarify some of her points. If you haven't watched her videos,  I definitely recommend them because I think I'm going to start reviewing the way that she does. There will be another post on that, later.

3.) On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis: This story is a post apocalyptic story but the difference with this story than the other one is that the main character has autism. I think I read only one other book with a disabled main character and I loved that book. I feel as though I will love this book even more because it does feature a disabled main character and it's Science Fiction, one of my favorite genres.

2.) Starflight by Melissa Landers: This book has space traveling! I haven't read many book set in space and the one that I did read (Across the Universe by Beth Revs) I did enjoy. I want to read more books set in space because there are so many things in space that could be explored in a story.
1.) Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova: This book has witches in it! I don't think I've ever read a with witches in it before that I actually liked. This these witches are latinx and the main character is bisexual. This book screams perfection to me and everyone seems to love it. If I don't start this book this year, something is definitely wrong with me.





What are the books that you didn't get to this year? Do you plan to read them this year? I would love to hear your thoughts so comment below. Again, thanks for reading!

Link to the Broke and the Bookish
http://www.brokeandbookish.com/

Comments

Popular Posts