Writing Update: January 2017

Hello! Today's post will tell you guys about how I'm doing on my writing goals for the quarter. I think that at the end of each month I will do this so that way I can reflect back on what I accomplished and what I didn't accomplish. So here we go.

I started off okay in January. I wrote 1500 words, which isn't a lot compared to a lot of authors but I'll take it! However, the project I was working on is kind of boring me and I think it's because I've been working on it for four years. So I have decided to move on to my next project.

I really want to tell you guys what I planned so far in my story but I don't want to give anything away. Just know that I'm really excited to write this one and maybe later, I'll give some information about the characters and all of that other stuff.

While we're talking about planning, though, let me tell you that it's so hard to plan a novel. I'm going to be honest, I never plotted before and I wrote three novellas and a novel. The novel was the last project I was working on and I was working on an outline for it after I wrote it. I felt like it was helping me organize the story better as I went through it a second time. However, with this story, I feel like I need to plan it out. I'm planning on writing two novellas that occur before the first book starts so that I can get an idea of how I want one of the side characters to be. However, I don't think pantsing will work for this novel. It's very complicated in my head so I feel like it's going to be complicated in the story and while that's not a bad thing, I think that this would be a confusing kind of complicated. If anyone has any suggestions on how they organize their thoughts, I'd definitely be glad to hear them.

Other than that, I didn't really do anything in the month of January in terms of writing. However, I hope that changes in February! I'm making it my goal to write 10,000 words in this new project so that I can be on track towards one of my quarterly goals.

Comment below how you're writing is going. Maybe we can give each other encouragement or something. Anyway, thanks for reading today's post and talk to y'all later!

Comments

Popular Posts