Writing Update: February

Hello everyone! Glad to be back with you today with a writing update for February, So I didn't reach my goal of 10,000 words but I'm happy to say that I wrote 3,000 words in my new work in progress. I don't think that I'm going to be able to reach my goal of 20,000 for this quarter but I'm happy that I'm at least writing a little.

For my WIP, I'm still trying to figure out what the actual plot is going to be for it. I have an idea about the world and the characters but the plot is lacking. There are some books that don't have plots or if they do, they are barely there. I'm a plot driven person so my books have to have a plot. I started to create a plot board with like the bare minimum of what needed to occur in the story and I'm planning on just adding scenes as I see fit. Hopefully this will help the story flow from my mind but we'll see.

I'm also trying to figure out what type of writer I am. I'm thinking that I'm a pantser since my last WIP was completely right out of my head. But I realized that I did sort of have a faint idea of what needed to happen to move the story forward. I feel like I won't definitively know until I finish my current WIP.

Picture from Forever Black Fusion
But what is my current WIP? I don't want to spoil too much about it but just know the there's a African princess who isn't the stereotypical lost princess. This is also not in basically the same era as every other fantasy book either. And the last thing I will tell you about this WIP is that it's not actually a novel but actually a novella about a side character from a series I want to write. I'm so excited about it! The only thing is that there's going to be sex in it and it won't be like the fade out thing the young adult fiction does all the time. I think this would probably make it  a New Adult fantasy and I'm hardly an adult. Like, I just turned 18 and I don't know what sex is like at all. But this story is dying to come out of me so I'm going to write it anyway.

For my goals in March, I'm going to try to write another 3,000 words in the WIP. Hopefully then I can have an idea of what the story will be about and what should happen to make it interesting. I hope that I can achieve this but softball just started and it's going to take up a lot of my time. I might write a couple of short stories based from pictures and writing prompts just to further improve my writing but we'll see.

What were your goals for February? Did you achieve them? What are your goals for March and what is your current WIP about? I'd love to know! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts