Spring Quarter Goals

This quarter is almost over and I haven't updated everyone on my goals for the Winter Quarter Goals or made any new goals for the Spring Quarter. Wow, way to be ahead of myself. Anyway, this post will serve to be a makeup for both of those things and hopefully, this Spring Quarter will be better than the Winter Quarter.

Photo from Google Images
Before I get into what this post is about, I wanted to let y'all know what I have been doing these last couple of months. In the beginning of March, softball started for me and that meant practicing every day for two hours. This wouldn't be a bad thing, however, I was applying for a lot of scholarships and trying to figure out college things that it was getting hectic. Not to mention that I had AP testing and finals thrown in there. All in all, it was a very hectic last part of the year and I had basically no motivation to do any of it. Now I will have almost all the time in the world to do the things that I love, like reading and writing my story and my blog posts. I am seriously very excited to get back to doing this!

To start off with, I want to cover the things that I did accomplish during my goals for the winter quarter. For my reading goals, I'm happy to say that I did read 13 books but that's about all I completed for that goal. Out of the 13 books, the one new release that I read was Caraval by Stephanie Garber. 4 of the books were from my Beat the Backlog list and the other books were just books that I wanted or signed up to read at the spur of the moment. I can't say that I absolutely loved what I read for this quarter but I can't say I hated everything, either.

Photo from Google Images
For my writing goals, I did write! I just didn't write 20,000 words. This is mainly because the WIP I was starting to get bored with it so I couldn't find the motivation to write it. However, I did complete (somewhat :D) planning the next book that I want to write and I'm really excited for it! I don't have the world down yet and the characters are almost done, but the plot for this particular story is done! I am also starting to get an idea of how I want the entire series to go, too, because I do want this current WIP to be the prequel to the actual series that I want to write. I'm very excited to see where it's going to go!

As for my life goals, which is what I was mainly focused on during the winter quarter, I completed all of them! I did apply to twenty scholarships and even though I didn't receive a lot of them, I am happy to say that I don't really have to stress about my freshman year of college! I also bought a new phone! It wasn't the Samsung Galaxy that I wanted, but until I save the money for the phone that I want, this phone will be just fine. For school, I have to say that I ended up not really caring at the end about my grade but I passed everything! Lastly, my wardrobe is still pretty much the same but I did buy new outfits that I love and can't wait to wear!

Now for the new goals! Since this post is really late and I really have a month and a half to do these goals, there won't be a lot of them.

Reading Goals

1.) Read 7 Books: Since I'm out of school now, I think that I can manage this. I'm optimistic about this.

2.) Read 3 Books on my Bookshelf: I have a very bad habit of buying books that I'm excited to read and then never picking them up because I have access to them all the time whereas with library books, there's a due date. This is definetely a goal I'm aiming to complete!

Writing Goals

1.) Finish planning my novel: I haven't written words in an actual novel since the beginning of February because I have been plotting* my WIP right now. I have finished that actual planning of my novel but now I'm doing my character profiles and my world building which are by far my weakest spots when it comes to writing. I'm hoping to finish this by the middle of June.

2.) Write the first 5,000 words in my WIP: I think that I can manage doing this considering that the first 5,000 words in my WIP will be the beginning of the story and I'm usually good at starting a story. It's the finishing part that gives me the most trouble.

*I think I'm starting to see that I am a plotter more than I am a pantser despite the fact that most of the novels I have written and finished were when I just wrote. 

Life Goals

1.) Finish all of my College stuff: Y'all I'm going to college in the fall! That's both scary and exciting! There's still many things that I have to do in order to confirm everything but that's definitely going to have to get done soon.

2.) Enjoy my summer: Usually I'm in school over the summer because of the Trio-Upward Bound program but this summer, I am in Upward Bound and I'm not going to let it hold me back from having fun during the summer. It's not a bad program at all, in fact, it's very helpful. But they have us on a strict schedule that's hardly ever with anything fun in it and I'm determined not to spend the summer before I have to go to college in boredom.

These are my goals for the Spring Quarter. I'm very optimistic about completing these goals!  I'd definitely be interested in what you're goals are if you have them. Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts