Author Spotlight: N.J. Paige

Hello everyone! Today I have the honor of interviewing author N.J. Paige, author of several books, including Code Human.

The soul of humanity can not be ignored when truths become lies, lies turns to hate and hate to an uprising and death. Fenesia Thornbark lives a privileged life because she belongs to a group of people called Purestkind, considered by an autocratic society to be the purest and highest form of humanity. However, her life is shattered with one fetal mistake, but allows her to see her world for what it really is: When the Purest, an autocratic government, embarks on subjecting groups of people to unspeakable horrors because they see them as lesser people, the unexpected happens: some of their own kind turns against them. Fenesia and the rest of her family are marked as traitors. The Purest kills her parents. Destroy her home. Bound her in chains. But...in spite of it all, they fail to break her. And now she'll make them beg for death.

Code Human is currently available on Amazon.

For my first question, can you tell us little bit about yourself?
"Well, I'm married to a wonderful, supporting man, and I'm the mother of two great kids. I live in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, where I enjoy doing things like hiking and Kayaking. I also hold a BA degree in English."

What goals do you have in terms of your writing career?
 "Like most writers, I hope to get to the level of James Paterson, Suzanne Collins and the like."

Who are your favorite authors at the moment? 

 "As you may have probably guessed, James Paterson, Suzanne Collins, also James Rollins, Nelson DeMille, and many more."

Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
"My inspiration could come from anything or anywhere I happen to be at the time. It could just be a walk in the woods; watching a movie; having a conversation; or just simple pop in my head out of nowhere. When I do get an idea for a book, I try to write it down as soon as possible."

What is something about your main character that you love?
"In Code Human, the main character, Fenesia Thornbark is first seen as a privileged, spoiled girl. However, her conscience begins to speak to her. Most importantly, she begins to listen to it. She begins to see people differently. She begins to care. After losing so much, she gains courage and becomes a woman of strength and morale courage."

What actor or actress could you see playing your main character?
"Oh, definitely, Jennifer Lawrence from the Hunger Games. Or maybe, Rihanna; she is an up and coming actress."

What is one aspect of Code Human that you think readers will love?
"I think readers will love the constant action. I have to admit it starts out slow---slower than I had intended. But it picks up speed early in the first chapters and continues to the end. I also think, or hope that they will like the fact that although Fenesia has become a skilled shooter, she questions the morality of taking another's life."

Thank you again, N.J. Paige for being a guest onto my post. Be sure to follow N.J. Paige around on social media and other platforms. Links to them will be below.

Facebook: NJ Paige
Twitter@nj_paige
Instagram: njpaige
Goodreads GroupNJ's Street Team

Comments

Popular Posts