Manuscript Monday #5

Hello! Thanks for tuning in for today's post! Today, instead of giving a fact about my WIP, I have a big confession to make. I don't know what I'm doing right now in my manuscript and this draft that I'm writing right now is very bad.

I wanted this book to be very dark. I wanted to make it exciting and have people on the edge of their seat when they read it but it's so boring. I love my books to have a lot of excitement in it with characters that I love. With the book that I'm writing now, I feel like I'm doing everything that I hate in the books that I review. I don't know why it's like this but I'm hoping that it's just because it's a first draft. I have so much faith in what this series could become but with this draft, I just want to give up on it.

I know that this is a natural part of the writing process but how do so many authors get through it? How do they continue through this horrible first draft and become best selling authors? If anyone has any tips, I would love to know.

Comments

Popular Posts