Why I Hardly Ever Buy Books

Hello! Using gifs and some words, I'm going to explain to everyone why I hardly buy books.

3.) I don't have anywhere to store the books. My family has moved around a lot and since my mom always made us pack light, I hardly ever got to keep the books that I owned. Now that I'm going to college, I don't have anywhere to put the books I have in my dorm room so I'm just leaving the few that I do have in a storage container in the shed until summer. Then they'll go back year after year until I get my own place and have my own book shelf.

2.) I can't afford to buy books that I don't end up liking. If you have been with my blog for a while, you'll probably know that I am very picky when it comes to the books that I like. I'm not going to buy a book that I don't like, especially if my funds are limited. People who are able to buy every book that they want are privileged and in more ways than one, I'm not.


1.) I hate when books in a series don't match. This made me angry for the first time when I spent my first time when I realized that they changed the covers for Sabaa Tahir's series, An Ember in the Ashes. Why I decided to ignore the last two reasons and buy the book, I have no idea. When I actually bought the book and found out that they changed the covers not even a year after I purchased the first book, you can only imagine how pissed I was. I read Adam Silvera's thread on how the publisher's do it to reach more people and I can agree on that. However, call me selfish, materialistic and whatever else, I want my books to match so I usually don't buy them until the entire series is out.

Comments

Popular Posts