11 Book Series I Would Like to Start Soon

Last week, I talked about the book series that I would like to reread soon. But today, I'm going to talk about the series that I have been meaning to start for the longest but for one reason or another, it just didn't happen.

11.) Truthwitch by Susan Dennard: I love this cover but that's not the only reason that I wanted to read this book. I heard that the female friendship in this book is very strong and sadly, most of the young adult books that I read lack good friendships.

10.) Court of Fives by Kate Elliot: This has been on my TBR for too long and I think it's about time that I start it. I can just tell that this book is going to be one of the most amazing books that I read. It sounds like it's going to explore social class and that's the part I'm going to love.

9.) Falling Kingdoms by Megan Rhodes: I initially wanted to read this book because I was hearing hype surrounding it. Now that I have actually read the summary of it, I'm excited to read it. I think this book is going to be a very interesting with the different points of view. I can't wait!

7.) Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat: I've been hearing about the problematic things in this book with the sex but I think that this, unfortunately, is what makes me want to read this book. I don't think that sex addressed nearly enough in young adult books. It is barely being put in now and sexual education is important. People have been saying that it's like rape, though. That makes me kind of hesitant to read it but I'm not triggered by that so I just want to see for myself. Besides, I think that if I know that it's rape and not romantic, it will be fine if I read it.

6.) Passenger by Alexandra Bracken: I'm not even going to lie. The only reason that I originally wanted to pick this up is because I heard that the love interest is a Black boy. Do you know how rare that is? Just think about the last time you read about a Black love interest that wasn't the main character. I also wanted to read this book because I enjoyed the first two books of her other series, The Darkest Minds. For the most part, though, it was because of the first reason.

5.) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: I am really late to reading this book but Lainey likes this series so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not really expecting much out of this book, though. Everything about the book, from its cover to the summary, make the book seem like nothing I would like. I still want to read it, though, because some aspects of it seem really cool. I'll just go into it not expecting much.

4.) Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: I have been putting off this book because of two reasons. The first reason is because I hated the last book of The Grisha Trilogy. I literally didn't even finish it and when I was told the ending, I was mad. That ending to the trilogy was so disappointing. The second reason I haven't read it is because of the hype. Hype is definitely a good thing but I find that when a book is very hyped, my opinions of the book usually turns bad.
3.) An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir: I don't know why I haven't started this series yet. Part of the reason, I guess, is that the third book doesn't come out until next year. But I have been hearing nothing but good things about this series so I can't wait to start it.


2.) Avalon by Mindee Arnett: I read her other book, The Nightmare Affair, and I enjoyed it. Then, I read a preview of this book at the library when I was trying to choose books to read. This book immediately had me hooked with the ships and the characters. I didn't want to put it down but because I knew how limited my time would be at the time, I set it back down. But I have to read this book soon. I was definitely enjoying it.

1.) Snow Like Ashes by Sarah Raasch: The entire idea of a snow kingdom fascinated me and the title definitely made me want to read the book. I haven't heard too much about this series, though. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

What are some series that you would like to start soon?

Comments

Popular Posts