The NOPE Book Tag

Hello everyone! Today I have a book tag that definitely made me smile when I was reading the responses on a blog called Flippin' the Word. So of course I decided to participate in it!

1.) NOPE Ending: A book ending that you go NOPE either in denial, rage or simply because the ending was crappy. Can I just say that the ending of the entire Grisha Trilogy was disappointing? I really hated that ending and I'm kind of mad that I decided to stick around and read it. I don't even read complete series that often but for some reason I decided to continue with this series. That was such a mistake.

2.) NOPE Protagonist; A protagonist that drove you crazy. I technically haven't finished this book but the main character is driving me insane. One second she's so tough and kind of somber then literally in the next page, she's excited about something. What? Honestly, it's probably just the writing that's turning me off of the characters. Or it might actually be the fact that they aren't good characters.

3.) NOPE Series: A series that turned out to be one large pile of NOPE after you've invested all of that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn't worth it anymore. This could probably be any on the books that I've finished since I hardly ever think a book is good enough to have a series. But, since I can only choose one, I will choose this book. I read the first three books of this series. I don't really remember them at all. The only thing I remember is how dumb the book was and yet I loved it. Didn't love it enough to read the last book in the series but still loved it nonetheless.

4.) NOPE Popular Pairing: A "ship" you don't support. Literally all of them but I'll choose one. Scarlet and Wolf. That relationship was really annoying which is why I didn't like the second book as much as others. I don't like them for the same reason that I don't like most relationships in books. I didn't feel the chemistry between them.

5.) NOPE Plot Twist: A plot twist you didn't see coming or didn't like. This book is definitely not YA but I haven't seen anything like it. If you've read this book, there were two times the book twisted the plot in a way that I definitely didn't see coming. I loved the twisted this book is!

6.) NOPE Protagonist action/decision: A character decision that made you shake your head NOPE. I guess this is technically another "ship" I don't support but she still had to make a decision. This is the second book of the To All The Boys I've Loved Before trilogy and the choice she made at the end of this book made me mad. She chose the wrong person! Despite this, I'm still going to watch the movie. It looks so cute!

7.) NOPE Genre: Genre you will never read. This is a hard one for me because I will read books in a genre that I don't typically reach for. For this tag, however, I guess I'll have to choose Christian Fiction. I am a Christian but um, the books in this genre literally suck.

8.) NOPE format: Book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out it a different edition. Audiobooks. Usually a book isn't only on audio but I find that I can't sit through an audiobook. My mind wanders too much to focus on the words that are being said.

9.) NOPE trope: A trope that makes you go NOPE. Like everyone else, I hate love triangles. I refuse to try to understand how one "basic" girl can have two (and sometimes more) cute guys after her.

0.) NOPE Recommendation: A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you simply refuse to read. I was okay with the first book of this series but I don't really like the author's books, in general, so I'm not going to read her books anymore.

11.) NOPE Cliché/pet peeve: A cliché or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes. I hate that almost every writer feels the need to put a love subplot in their story. To make matters worse, they aren't even original romances. They are basically the same characters falling in love.

12.) NOPE love interest: The love interest that's not worthy of being one. A character you don't think should have been a viable love interest. Mal. That whole thing with him pisses me off. He didn't think she was good enough in the beginning but then she's the girl he wants in the end. Miss me with that.

13.) NOPE Book: A book that shouldn't have existed. This book literally had scenes that I saw in The Hunger Games. There was just a little tweaking involved to make it "different."

14.) NOPE villain:A scary antagonist you'd hate to cross and would make you run in the opposite direction. I'd like to think that I'd be a badass and fight Jasper Dent's father but I know better. He is a serial killer. He could kill me in so many different ways and make the pain last for days so yeah, I'll be running in the opposite direction.

15.) NOPE Death: A character death that still haunts you. Khalil. Even though I knew he was going to die it still just haunts me. It could have been any of the Black men in my life and that's why it just stains my memory.

16.) NOPE author: An author you had a bad experience with and/or have decided to quit. Sarah Dessen is just not doing it for me. Besides the lack of diversity in all of her books, her books almost always have the same storyline with characters that read the same to me.

Who do I tag to do this tag? All of you! Leave links in the comments to your answers and I'll read them!

Comments

Popular Posts