5 Books I Want to Read Over Break + Announcement

Hello everyone! I know it's Friday but I wanted to post this because I'm actually on Winter break now! These last couple of weeks in college have been so tiring and I'm just happy to have the first semester of college done. Plus, I have an announcement that I'm excited about! But first, let's talk about the books that I want to read over break!





6.) Warcross by Marie Lu: I have already started this book because I've been on a waiting list for this book ever since it came out in September. So far I love the world that Marie Lu created but it's not hooking me like her other novels did. We'll see how I feel about it after I finish, though.

5.) Because You Love to Hate Me by Ameriie: I have also been waiting for this book but I've been waiting for this book since September. Everyone wanted this book so it must be good. This book is told from the point of view of villains and villains are my favorite characters right now. I am definitely ready for these stories!

4.) The Young Elites by Marie Lu: I have already read this book but I kind of forgot what happened in the first book and I'm planning on finishing this series in 2018. I remember little things but not enough that I would understand the second book in this series. So I'm going to read it over break and then hopefully start off with the other books in 2018.

3 & 2.) Adulthood Rites and Imago by Octavia Butler: I read the first book, Dawn, of this series for my science fiction class and I loved it! I want to finish the rest of the series over break because Octavia Butler just writes so beautifully and I love the story!

1.) How to be a BAWSE by Lilly Singh: I've been reading a chapter of this book every day for the last month and I have to say that I'm enjoying the tips, even though I already do most of them. I want to finally finish this book, though, because there are other #girlboss books I want to read.

I know that this is a large goal to read in the three weeks I have for break but I'm confident that I can do it. These books all sound amazing so I'll most likely fly through them. But now for this announcement! Drumroll please...

I'm moving!

What? Why? There are two reasons for this. First, when I created this blog, I didn't realize that I would read things other than young adult books. I still read them but I'm noticing that I'm getting into other genres, too. The other reason is because I feel like I kind of lost myself into this blog. I found myself just posting things because I thought that everyone wanted to read that stuff. I started not to enjoy it. Because of those two reasons, I'm starting a new blog in 2018 and it is called...



I'm excited to start this blog and because I'm getting posts ready for that blog, this will be the last post on this blog from me! If you want to know more about this blog, you can head over to Thoughtful Black Girl and there will be a welcome post! Happy holidays and I hope to see all of you at my new blog in 2018!

Comments

Popular Posts