Book Review: The Paths We Choose

Hey everyone! I feel as though it's been forever since I have actually written a review and that's most likely because it has been forever. Today, I finally have a book to review and hopefully I'll have many more to review this year.

Summary: Lily Ferrari enjoys having control over every detail of her life. Ever since she left her parents’ house to gain her freedom, she decided to fully own her autonomy. But an unexpected visit from her little brother may change the path she chooses to follow.

Add to that a casual fling with the bright architect Mayte González, and Lily’s summer is turning out more interesting than she expected. It certainly beats the routine of working extra shifts at Johnson’s Bookstore.
A few weeks before her college life begins, Lily needs to figure out if she’s wrong about the past or if she should continue to protect her heart at all costs.

Sometimes moving forward is only possible if you have the right people by your side.

Review: This book is the second book in the Lilac Town series. I don't know if this is the last book in the series or if the author plans on writing more books in this series. Either way, this book was just like its predecessor so my feelings are mostly the same.

Let's talk about the things that could be improved first. This story is short like the first book and it takes place in the same place that the book 1 takes place in but it's just in the point of view of one of the side characters, Lily. I didn't really pay attention to her in the first book because most of the characters in the first book were really cardboard but in this book she was more of a person. Again, I think this was because it was in her point of view because the other characters didn't seem to be all that developed either.

Besides the underdeveloped characters, the plot of the story was okay, It is just a love story between two females and I think that since it's so short, it wasn't that amazing. I'll admit I had some feels in the end even though it was cliché but for the most part, the storyline wasn't amazing. I though the subplot with Lily's brother was interesting but because it was a novella, I didn't feel like it was developed enough.

Despite all of these flaws, I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a cute, short story about two females having casual sex and then falling in love with each other. I loved the sex positivity in this book, I especially loved the racial and LGBTQ+ diversity in this book even though in a small town in America that's not realistic at all. The writing still could be better but I can tell that the author is growing and because of that, I can't wait to read some of her other stories.

Diversity: 1 ⭐
Plot: .5 ⭐
Setting: 1 ⭐
Characters: .5 ⭐
Enjoyment: .5 ⭐
Total: 3.5 ⭐

What are some of your favorite LGBTQ+ books?

Comments

  1. long pulse nd yag laser
    ช่วยจัดการกับปัญหาผิวพรรณของคุณได้ไม่ว่าจะเป็นสีผิวไม่บ่อยนัก ผิวไม่เรียบเนียน รูขุมขนกว้าง รักษาสิวและก็หลุมสิว กระชับผิวให้มีความสวยสดงดงามใส รอยเหี่ยวย่น การกำจัดขน รอยแผลเป็น เส้นโลหิตขอด

    สลายไขมัน กระชับสัดส่วน
    สลายไขมัน ไม่ผ่าตัด

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts